Lily Poisoning in Your Cat

Lilies are one of the most toxic types of plant life out there for our feline friends. It’s important that you don’t let your cat come in contact with these dangerous flowers! Learn more here from a Murrieta, CA vet.

Are All Lilies Poisonous?

Not every type of lily flower is poisonous. But there are plenty that are, and it’s not worth the risk to keep them in your home or garden if you own a cat. Toxic varieties include Asiatic lilies, Easter lilies, daylilies, and tiger lilies, among many others.

What are the Symptoms of Toxicity?

Initially, a cat who has ingested part of the lily plant may experience irritation in the mouth, excessive drooling, and restlessness. Vomiting and dehydration will likely follow. If you know or suspect that your pet has eaten any part of a lily, take them to the vet’s office right away for treatment. Vomiting may need to be induced, or the stomach may need to be flushed, before your cat fully recovers.

How Do I Keep My Cat Safe?

Tightly restrict your cat’s access to any and all lily flowers. It’s as simple as that!

Call your veterinary clinic Murrieta, CA  for more information.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>