All things considered, your pet is much safer inside your home than out on the streets. There are a few danger zones to be aware of, though! Learn more here from a Glendale, AZ vet.
Your kitchen contains hot surfaces like stovetops, toasters, coffeepots, boiling pots of water, and more. There’s also lots of sharp objects, from knives and graters to forks and metal can lids. Of course, plenty of human foods—onions, garlic, grapes, raisins, chocolate, candy, alcohol, salt, avocado, and more—can poison a pet who ingests them.
All sorts of cleaning products, from disinfectants and furniture polish to air fresheners and bleach, can harm a pet who decides to swallow them. Don’t leave your supply closet open so that pets could access the chemical products inside.
Never let your pet gain access to your medicine cabinet. Everything from aspirin and cough syrup to antidepressants, over-the-counter medicines, and prescription pills can poison a pet who swallows them. It’s also important to store your pet’s medications and your own separately, because mixing the two up could prove disastrous.
Talk to your veterinarian Glendale, AZ about other potential pet hazard zones in your home.